Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2004/01/14 22:04:45 UTC

httpd 2.1 project plan vs "LINK" method

From...:

<http://httpd.apache.org/dev/project-plan.html>

"- Implementation of the "LINK" Method"

Can anybody tell me what this is?

Regards, Julian

Re: Apache 2.0.48 build on SUSE SLES 8.0 (iSeries Linux LPAR)

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Henri Gomez wrote:

> I'd like to use an Apache 2.0.x one (for mod_deflate) and wonder
> if there is such RPM / SPEC available somewhere (I've got
> problem with SUSE .spec).

no idea

> Alternativly, did there is some specific stuff for this PowerPC
> box and what's the prefered mode (worker or prefork ?)

nothing specific for PowerPC...  treat it like any other Linux box as
far as Apache 2 is concerned

on some SuSE based on UL 1.0 on PPC (maybe SLES 8), I've played with
worker quite a bit in both 32-bit mode and 64-bit mode

Apache 2.0.48 build on SUSE SLES 8.0 (iSeries Linux LPAR)

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Hi to all,

I just got a fresh Linux LPAR on one of our iSeries loaded
with SUSE SLES 8.0.

Everything goes right (go job Rochester/Austin IBMer folks)
but the pre installed Apache is a 1.3.26.

I'd like to use an Apache 2.0.x one (for mod_deflate) and wonder
if there is such RPM / SPEC available somewhere (I've got
problem with SUSE .spec).

Alternativly, did there is some specific stuff for this PowerPC
box and what's the prefered mode (worker or prefork ?)

Regards

Re: httpd 2.1 project plan vs "LINK" method

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 14, 2004, at 01:04  PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> From...:
>>
>> <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/project-plan.html>
>>
>> "- Implementation of the "LINK" Method"
>>
>> Can anybody tell me what this is?
>

> See RFC 2068, section 19.6.1.2 and 19.6.2.4
> (you might want to look at the description of PATCH as well).

Ah! Should have thought about that myself :-)

> Just ignore the project-plan page -- it hasn't been updated since 1996.

Thanks, Julian

Re: httpd 2.1 project plan vs "LINK" method

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Wednesday, January 14, 2004, at 01:04  PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> From...:
>
> <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/project-plan.html>
>
> "- Implementation of the "LINK" Method"
>
> Can anybody tell me what this is?

See RFC 2068, section 19.6.1.2 and 19.6.2.4
(you might want to look at the description of PATCH as well).

Just ignore the project-plan page -- it hasn't been updated since 1996.

....Roy