Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com> on 2003/07/18 23:12:13 UTC

Can I use Lucene to do something like this?

Hi all,

For self edification I am writing a system that will match my visitors
tastes with the web content available on my site.  I am thinking of
doing this by a standard category thing (games, food, etc) and by a
keyword match that should get stronger as the user clicks relevant, not
relevant on each page.  This is basically just something I want to do
for fun...

What I am hoping lucene will let me do is point it at a page and get
back the keyword list or something for it.  This will let me modify a
users stored pattern and then use it later to show some pages to them.
I would probably just use lucene to also search for a match to their
preferences also.

Can I do this?  Is there a better tool?

Thanks in advance.

Bill