Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "M.Haq" <ha...@get2net.dk> on 2003/02/07 11:51:59 UTC

Installation of tomcat 3.2.3 and cocoon 2.0.2 in MAC G4

Hi,
Is there anyone who can help me to install tomcat 3.2.3 and cocoon
2.0.2 in my MAC G4. No matter what i do I can not get tomcat to
startup. I have already tried to follow the UNIX installation but it
does not work, as it says that the commands not found. I cannot get a
bash cell as bash is not installed in my computer to apply the commands
that has mentioned in UNIX installation instruction. My cell is called
Darwin. I don't know how to install tomcat 3.2.3 and cocoon 2.0.2 in my
MAC G4 from a darwin cell and set up the environment path for tomacat
and jJAVA_HOME environment.
- Mahbub

Re: Installation of tomcat 3.2.3 and cocoon 2.0.2 in MAC G4

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Friday, Feb 7, 2003, at 10:51 Europe/London, M.Haq wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there anyone who can help me to install tomcat 3.2.3 and cocoon
> 2.0.2 in my MAC G4. No matter what i do I can not get tomcat to
> startup. I have already tried to follow the UNIX installation but it
> does not work, as it says that the commands not found. I cannot get a
> bash cell as bash is not installed in my computer to apply the
> commands that has mentioned in UNIX installation instruction. My cell
> is called Darwin. I don't know how to install tomcat 3.2.3 and cocoon
> 2.0.2 in my MAC G4 from a darwin cell and set up the environment path
> for tomacat and jJAVA_HOME environment.
> - Mahbub

Get TomCat running first. Follow the plentiful instructions on
installing Cocoon in Tomcat once you have TomCat working.

Go to <www.versiontracker.com/> do a search for Tomcat, you will find
several installers and an application called TomCatX for starting and
stopping TomCat. One installer includes a PreferencePane for
controlling TomCat.

If you STILL need to run TomCat from the command line, you need to add
the 'JAVA_HOME' and 'TOMCAT_HOME' environment variables to your system.

Open the Terminal, type:

	cd ~
	ls -la

do you have a file called '.tcshrc'?

make one:

	touch .tcshrc

edit it in your favourite editor to add the following lines:

setenv JAVA_HOME /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home
setenv TOMCAT_HOME /Users/Shared/TomCat    (or wherever you put it)

open a NEW terminal window

type:

	cd $TOMCAT_HOME
	./bin/startup.sh