Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Casartello, Thomas" <tc...@wsc.ma.edu> on 2010/10/22 22:00:35 UTC

ALL_TRUSTED

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the ALL_TRUSTED rule in SA 3.3.1. I recently rebuilt my server running SA, and now for some reason the ALL_TRUSTED rule is not triggering when a user sends a message using SASL authentication from outside our site. Before it would work when the sending IP matched our trusted networks list, and if the person sent directly through our server using SASL from off site. Now the SASL from off site doesn't make the rule trigger so we are getting a lot of false positives. Any help would be appreciated.

Thomas E. Casartello, Jr.

Staff Assistant - Wireless/Linux Administrator

Information Technology

Wilson 105A

Westfield State College

(413) 572-8245

Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT)

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)

Re: ALL_TRUSTED

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Casartello, Thomas wrote:
> I'm having an issue with the ALL_TRUSTED rule in SA 3.3.1. I
> recently rebuilt my server running SA, and now for some reason the
> ALL_TRUSTED rule is not triggering when a user sends a message using
> SASL authentication from outside our site. Before it would work when
> the sending IP matched our trusted networks list, and if the person
> sent directly through our server using SASL from off site. Now the
> SASL from off site doesn't make the rule trigger so we are getting a
> lot of false positives. Any help would be appreciated.

Browse through this following documentation.

  http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath

  http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustedRelaysDebugExample

  http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/HowToDebug

Then run 'spamassassin --lint' to make sure there aren't any hidden
configuration errors.  Then run an example message with the problem
through 'spamassassin -t -D 2>&1 | less +/relay.*trusted' and look at
the result.  There should be a clue in or around that debug output
information that will say what is happening.

Then run

  spamassassin --lint

to make sure there aren't any hidden configuration errors.  Then run
an example message with the problem through (piped to stdin)

  spamassassin -t -D 2>&1 | less +/relay.*trusted

and look at the result.  There should be a clue in or around that
debug output information that will say what is happening.

Bob

Re: ALL_TRUSTED

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 16:00 -0400, Casartello, Thomas wrote:
> I’m having an issue with the ALL_TRUSTED rule in SA 3.3.1. I recently
> rebuilt my server running SA, and now for some reason the ALL_TRUSTED
> rule is not triggering when a user sends a message using SASL
> authentication from outside our site. Before it would work when the
> sending IP matched our trusted networks list, and if the person sent
> directly through our server using SASL from off site. Now the SASL
> from off site doesn’t make the rule trigger so we are getting a lot of
> false positives. Any help would be appreciated.

You forgot to include the link to a sample, showing the raw message, at
least all headers.