Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Krthekeyan Suryanarayanan <kr...@verchaska.com> on 2004/02/16 12:28:27 UTC

validation mechanism - problem

Hi,
I would like to Introduce my self .
My name is krthekeyan currently working in tapestry framework.
I am facing problems in validating the forms. I will explain my problem in
validating the form.

I have forms which generate textfields dynamically.and has to gothrough some
business validations say
for example
I have 2 dropdowns and the value in the first dropdown should not be selected
in the second dropdown. there are various business validations available like
this.
as far as I looked at the exception mechanism in the framework. It is takeing
the individual form component and validating it.

Is there a way that I could pass entire form in to the exception handler ,
then takeing the individual component in the exception handler class  and
validate it once. and through the exception to the user.

how could I acheive this task. please little urgent.

thanks,
krthekeyan.s