Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net> on 2011/08/29 15:16:03 UTC

EPM

Moin,

we need EPM to build packages on Linux. As we don't want to keep EPM in
our repository, we have to use an EPM installed in the system. According
to the documentation on their website and several other sites using EPM
does not influence the license of the software that is packed, though
EMP itself is licenses under GPL.

So EPM can be seen as a build tool like the compiler or linker and IMHO
that means that we can continue to use it for creating our packages. I
asked about that here already, but without an echo.

I committed a patch that enables EPM as installed in the system. Of
course that makes EPM a build requirement.

Regards,
Mathias

Re: EPM

Posted by Eike Rathke <oo...@erack.de>.
Hi Pedro,

On Monday, 2011-08-29 07:53:26 -0700, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> Hmm.. investigating a bit, we use --with-epm=internal

That will of course vanish as there won't be an internal EPM anymore.
configure will have to handle that then.

  Eike

Re: EPM

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Am 29.08.2011 17:50, schrieb Pedro F. Giffuni:

> --- On Mon, 8/29/11, Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Linux it always was needed in OOo, either from system or
>> - in case
>> BUILD_EPM=YES - from the ooo module epm. If you want to do
>> it differently, send patches. :-)
>>

> If I ever work on the build system, it will be very
> differently ... with Cmake :-)

We tried Cmake and dropped it.
But that's a topic we can discuss later. :-)
If you want, you can look for the discussion we had on
dev@openoffice.org some time ago.

Regards,
Mathias

Re: EPM

Posted by "Pedro F. Giffuni" <gi...@tutopia.com>.
--- On Mon, 8/29/11, Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Linux it always was needed in OOo, either from system or
> - in case
> BUILD_EPM=YES - from the ooo module epm. If you want to do
> it differently, send patches. :-)

If I ever work on the build system, it will be very
differently ... with Cmake :-)

cheers,

Pedro.

Re: EPM