Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by James Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk> on 2013/07/01 17:20:54 UTC

Recommendations for generating an RSS feed

Hi,

I need to generate a feed that needs to support RSS and Atom.
Are there any options other then "do it yourself" or "use ROME".

I'm reluctant to use ROME as the project appears dead and there are many comments about classloading issues with it in OSGi (the feed will be hosted in Karaf).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim

Re: Recommendations for generating an RSS feed

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 01/07/13 16:20, James Talbut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to generate a feed that needs to support RSS and Atom.
> Are there any options other then "do it yourself" or "use ROME".
>
> I'm reluctant to use ROME as the project appears dead and there are many comments about classloading issues with it in OSGi (the feed will be hosted in Karaf).

CXF ships an Abdera provider. Abdera is not active either, but I think
Abdera Feed is capable of representing a simple or complex feed,
See also
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-data-bindings.html#JAX-RSDataBindings-Atom

Sergey