Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Stewart, Daniel J" <da...@boeing.com> on 2003/09/30 17:30:33 UTC

Tomcat sucks at receiving large messages

When receiving a HTTP 1.0 POST with a 10kbyte payload, my doPost()
method writes the message body to a file. The file is the right size,
but my data is nulled out (set to 0) after correctly receiving about
2kbytes.

In frustration, I set the Connector bufferSize parameter to "1000000",
to discover that I could now receive about 4kbytes of my 10kbyte
message. I then proceeded to write my own Java server to receive the
message and write it to a file, and it works just fine.

I am at a loss - can anyone suggest what could be causing this problem?

Vitals:
Tomcat version: 4.1.27
Tomcat configuration: Out-of-the-box (except for my app's WEB-INF)
OS: solaris 2.9
My servlet skill level: medium-low