Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com> on 2013/04/30 15:51:32 UTC

Git Normalization

Hi,

someone knows if the git repos are normalized to deal with line endings in
different systems (windows, mac...)?

In our company I remember to normalize when migration from SVN was
complete. We used something like this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1510798/trying-to-fix-line-endings-with-git-filter-branch-but-having-no-luck/1511273#1511273

I'm asking since I saw in various emails phrases that seems to refer to
this problem.

In the end files uploaded to GIT should be platform agnostic. When those
files are in our local repos, then are converted to system specific files.
In this way people working in different systems can cooperate without this
kind of problems that could report lots of changes in a diff when nothing
was really changed.

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de TecnologĂ­a