Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <li...@pbw.id.au> on 2005/09/29 11:58:57 UTC

Sponsorship

Jeremias,

I meant to ask you when you mentioned your sponsor; who is it?

I'm sure they're happy with the work you've put in.

Peter
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>

Re: Sponsorship

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.
On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 08:27:45AM +0100, Peter B. West wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >On 29.09.2005 11:58:57 Peter B. West wrote:
> >
> I can understand that some sponsors may be sensitive to divulging such
> information, for at least two reasons. Firstly, the treat of being
> inundated with begging letters, and secondly, the possibility that they
> might be upsetting their own business partners.
>
> Before you took up the sponsorship offer, you mentioned to me that it
> was on the cards, which I appreciated.  I assume you told others as
> well. Targeted sponsorship is potentially extremely disruptive to a
> group, and it seems to me that the process must be as open as possible.
>  If it can't be as open as the code, it should be nearly so.

Do you mean that such a sponsorship changes the relations within the
group? It certainly does. I feel that Jeremias has done an admirable
job in managing the relations within the group, and in balancing his
full time input in FOP with the more limited input of other group
members.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping