Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "G.L. Grobe" <ga...@grobe.org> on 2001/03/24 09:42:07 UTC

Actions and Session Beans

I've finally got struts taglibs and a few Actions working in my jsp pages,
but I'd like to be able to populate some EJB's with the model data from the
ActionForms. I'm not sure how to do this. I've got a session bean which
operates on an entity bean which I will then send to another machines java
app, but I'm not sure how to implement the session bean in my Action.

Anyone know of examples or where I may find some refs on doing this?

init'ing session beans in an Action

Posted by "G.L. Grobe" <ga...@grobe.org>.
I finally have my struts tags working. Next step. My app has jsp pages that
populate ActionForms. I now have to populate my entity beans, but one step
at a time, so I'm trying to instantiate session beans from my Action classes
(which will later operate on the entity beans) and I'm not sure how this is
done. I thought that the JNDI init context stuff would go in the init()
method of a servlet, but with Actions, not sure if this is correct as I
couldnt' override the init() method. Or should my action class be extending
from ActionServlet instead of Action?

Any help much appreciated.