Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Paul Mackles <pa...@loopr.com> on 2018/06/12 13:01:13 UTC

reserving resources for host/mesos

Hi - Basic question that I couldn’t find an answer to in existing docs…
when configuring the available resources on a slave, is it appropriate to
leave some resources over for the mesos-agent itself (and the host OS)? Any
pointers on existing configs folks are using would be appreciated.

Paul

Re: reserving resources for host/mesos

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
Just measure CPU/MEM usage on clean agent (when no task is running) and
ensure you leave a little bit more than that.