Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Ash, Michael L" <Mi...@ca.com> on 2004/08/04 21:01:00 UTC

Commons-net.FTPClient

I sent this to the users group several days ago and haven't gotten a
response so I thought I would send it here with some additional info I
found.

Is there any reason to not use UTF-8 instead of iso-8859-1?

The problem I am trying to solve is to send a file from an English based
client to a Chinese based ftp server.  The user name and password are
Chinese characters stored as utf-8.  It appears that the FTPClient only
communications in iso-8859-1.  Is there a way for me to change it to
UTF-8?

Thanks

Re: Commons-net.FTPClient

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
Sorry I missed your earlier post.  The answer is, unfortunately, that the
package does not support the easy conversion to UTF-8.

Steve Cohen