Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Stone, Timothy" <ts...@cityofhbg.com> on 2003/04/25 22:10:38 UTC

SSL help needed...

Tomcat gurus,

Platform: Win2k
JDK: 1.4.1_02

I'm running a Tomcat 4.1.x server with SSL. Recently my original
certificate expired.

I need to create a new one but keytool is providing me cryptic
exceptions.

here's some of the attempts I have made:

C:\>keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore \
"e:\bugger\clean city\conf"
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Keystore file exists, but is empty:
e:\bugger\clean city\conf

C:\>keytool -delete -v -alias tomcat
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Keystore file does not exist:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ADMINISTRATION\.keystore

C:\>keytool -delete -v -alias tomcat -keystore \
"e:\bugger\clean city\conf"
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Keystore file exists, but is empty:
e:\bugger\clean city\conf

C:\>keytool -list
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Keystore file does not exist:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ADMINISTRATION\.keystore

C:\>keytool -list -keystore e:\bugger\cleanc~1\conf
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Keystore file exists, but is empty:
e:\bugger\cleanc~1\conf

What gives? How do I create a new keystore to correct my expired key/cert?

Many thanks in advance.

Warmest Regards,
Tim

--
/**
 * Timothy Stone      . Sun Certified Java Programmer