Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Bruyn, Bill" <Bi...@McKesson.com> on 2008/07/26 01:52:43 UTC

[s2.1.2] DEBUG: widget ID collision on ID:

Hi all,

Was having trouble with the app I'm writing, so devolved it to a hello
world type experiment with tabbed panels.  The original issue aside or
the moment, I'm still seeing a  "DEBUG: widget ID collision on ID: (x)"
error for each nested div in the panel with sx:head debug="true".  I
wasn't able to find anything on the Jira / list / Google that seemed
relevant to this situation - is this a known issue?  Detail follows.

Thanks,

Bill

Win XP
IE6/FF2/Safari 3.1
Tomcat 6.0.16
JDK 1.5.0_06
Struts 2.1.2 (binary)
	commons-fileupload-1.2.1.jar
	commons-io-1.3.2.jar
	commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
	commons-logging-api-1.1.jar
	freemarker-2.3.12.jar
	ognl-2.6.11.jar
	struts2-core-2.1.2.jar
	struts2-dojo-plugin-2.1.2.jar
	xwork-2.1.1.jar

<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd" id="WebApp_ID"
version="2.5">
  <display-name>example</display-name>
  <filter>
    <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-cla
ss>
  </filter>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>
</web-app>

<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">

<struts>
    <package name="example" namespace="/" extends="struts-default">
        <action name="HelloWorld" class="example.HelloWorld">
            <result>/HelloWorld.jsp</result>
        </action>
    </package>
</struts>

package example;

import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;

public class HelloWorld extends ActionSupport {

    public String execute() throws Exception {
        return SUCCESS;
    }
}

<%@ taglib prefix="sx" uri="/struts-dojo-tags" %>
<head>
    <title>Busted panels</title>
    <sx:head debug="true"/>
</head>

<sx:tabbedpanel id="tabContainer">
   <sx:div label="Tab 1" >
       Local Tab 1
   </sx:div>
   <sx:div label="Tab 2" >
       Local Tab 2
   </sx:div>
</sx:tabbedpanel>

DEBUG:  widget ID collision on ID: widget_1235718373
DEBUG:  widget ID collision on ID: widget_754832838