Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Kazuki Ono <ka...@yahoo-corp.jp> on 2017/09/15 05:36:54 UTC

User-based authentication in Flink

Hello Folks,

I need to use user-based authentication in Flink Dashboard for multi-tenancy.
I read the document, however, I could not found how to enable the authentication.

If authentication is not supported currently, I would like to contribute to the community.
How can I proceed it?

Regards,
Kaz

Re: User-based authentication in Flink

Posted by Eron Wright <er...@gmail.com>.
I think the short-term approach is to place an nginx proxy in front, in
combination with some form of isolation of the underlying endpoint.   That
addresses the authentication piece but not fine-grained authorization.  Be
aware that the Flink JM is not multi-user due to lack of isolation among
jobs.   The trend is towards running each job in a separate Flink cluster,
on top of YARN, Kubernetes, or Mesos.

Related to FLIP-6, the WebUI is gradually becoming decoupled from the JM
and hopefully will be more multi-user friendly and capable of communicating
with numerous JMs.   Some of the precursors are being tracked in FLIP-7530
and FLINK-7083.

Please hop over to the dev list if you'd like to discuss the FLIP-6 stuff
and how it relates to multi-user scenarios.

Thanks
Eron