Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Moritz Gmelin <mo...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/01 22:06:48 UTC

Dynamic components from database

Hi,

I'd like to create a tapestry page that contains component based on
the user's settings that are stored in a database. So components
should be created dynamically.
There are many postings that suggest usage of RenderBody /
RenderBlock combinations or usage of @If conditions.
I don't like this Idea because this looks not very flexible.
Is this something that is not possible at all (or not suggested) with
tapestry?
Is the @Delegator component a way to go ?

How can I create a concrete instance of an abstract BaseComponent
subclass ?

Thanks for any clues.

Moritz Gmelin

Re: Dynamic components from database