Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by br...@wider.unu.edu on 2001/10/23 10:14:06 UTC

Newbee Apache/Tomcat setup

Dear All,
I am new for Tomcat and for this list this might have
been discussed before. I have installed and configured
Tomcat on Redhat Linux 6.2 as standalone and is
running well. After that I downloaded the binary
version of  jk_mod.so for linux and put it in the
folder where other apache DSO were located and
configured the Apache's 1.3.12 by adding at the end of
httpd.conf to call on tomcat to serve JSP pages  the
following:
# Configuration for Tomcat
		LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_jk.so
		JkWorkersFile
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/workers.properties
		JkLogFile /var/log/apache/mod_jk.log
		JkLogLevel warn
		JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

>From there I stopped and restart both tomcat and
apache tomcat started well but apache keeps throwing
an error message saying " invalid command 'Loadmodule'
mis-spell or defined by module not included in the
server configuration'. I would certainly appreciate if
someone could help overcome this barrier.
Many thanks,