Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jiří Šváb <ji...@seznam.cz> on 2002/03/01 16:07:04 UTC

Apache hangs

Hi,

I am trying to solve this problem for three weeks and without effect :-(
I have Apache 1.3.19 on RedHat 7.1.
I have web page with many small GIF pictures (1-2 kB) on my
apache server.
When i try to browse there,  loading hangs. After few
minutes i get red x's instead of pictures. (but there is no
error in httpd/error.log)
Netstat shows FIN_WAIT1 on httpd from  my connection. (i
have IE6)
When i have replaced these small GIFs with bigger GIFS (15
kB) everythig was alright. Page is loaded correctly a
connection is closed then.
Why i can't load small pics?

What is wrong and where?
Could anybody help me with solving this problem?

Jiri "Smash" Svab
Czech republic