Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Dale Christ <de...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/26 23:18:43 UTC

blog editing problems with bxe

All--

I discovered a problem with editing blog entries with bxe (The same
thing happend with the default publication).

I start lenya, select the Weblog application, login, and select the
first entry.  I then use the bxe editor (located and downloaded in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT) to edit the entry.  I make a couple
changes, and try to save.  I get an 'Javascript application' dialog
box.  The text of the box says "no Schema assigned to Document".

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

--Dale

Re: blog editing problems with bxe

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 23:18, Dale Christ wrote:
> All--
>
> I discovered a problem with editing blog entries with bxe (The same
> thing happend with the default publication).
> I start lenya, select the Weblog application, login, and select the
> first entry.  I then use the bxe editor (located and downloaded in
> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT) to edit the entry.  I make a couple
> changes, and try to save.  I get an 'Javascript application' dialog
> box.  The text of the box says "no Schema assigned to Document".
>
> Any suggestions?  Thanks.

I had that prob a while ago, mmhhh....ahh I remember.

I didn't really found the source of the problem, but the following did
help.

Open file webapps/ROOT/bxeng/relaxng/DocumentVAL.js
and insert the lines

	// QUICk AND DIRTY HACK
	return true;

after line

XMLNodeDocument.prototype.validateDocument = function() {

Should mean, I still have the problem you
haveXMLNodeDocument.prototype.validateDocument = function() {.

I recommend not to use the above hack, because I can't really tell what
other side effects it may cause.

--
Rolf Kulemann

If you are a fatalist, what can you do about it?
		-- Ann Edwards-Duff

PGP/GPG public key:
	 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA