Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Dustin N. Jenkins" <dj...@invoqsystems.com> on 2005/07/21 20:13:43 UTC

OpenSessionInView with Spring Hibernate Sessions

    My application uses Cocoon 2.1.7, JDK 1.5.0_04, Spring 1.2, and
Hibernate 3.0.5.  Currently, the OpenSessionInView filter for Cocoon is
used for each URL (i.e. the web.xml is set to filter all URLs that match
/*), and a Hibernate Interceptor exists on some Service Layer objects
that are called by the Presentation Layer.

    I want to know if this is bad practice.  I ask since I don't know if
the fact that the Hibernate Interceptor and the OpenSessionInView could
act on the same object and create two different Hibernate sessions.  I
do sometimes see a Hibernate/Spring error of associating a Proxy with
two open sessions, and this is all I can think of to be the problem.
Any suggestions to the contrary?

Many thanks,
Dustin