Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2011/10/25 15:24:25 UTC

need people to test some build changes on ibm jdks

The latest patch attached to DERBY-5469
(derby-5469-01-ag-cleanedUp.diff) seems to run fine using the Oracle
JDKs on Solaris, Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. This patch should make it
possible to build Derby using the JDK 7 environment out of the box.
Because this is a change to the build, it would be good to test-drive it
in as many environments as possible before I check it in.

Could a user of IBM JDKs test-drive the patch and post results on
DERBY-5469?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: need people to test some build changes on ibm jdks

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 10/25/2011 9:02 AM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Could a user of IBM JDKs test-drive the patch and post results on
> DERBY-5469?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick
>
> I'd normally say I'd be happy to do this, but I need to finish the
> release work first...
I will give it a try today or tomorrow.

Kathey

Re: need people to test some build changes on ibm jdks

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:24 AM, Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> wrote:
> The latest patch attached to DERBY-5469 (derby-5469-01-ag-cleanedUp.diff)
> seems to run fine using the Oracle JDKs on Solaris, Linux, Windows, and Mac
> OS X. This patch should make it possible to build Derby using the JDK 7
> environment out of the box. Because this is a change to the build, it would
> be good to test-drive it in as many environments as possible before I check
> it in.
>
> Could a user of IBM JDKs test-drive the patch and post results on
> DERBY-5469?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

I'd normally say I'd be happy to do this, but I need to finish the
release work first...

Myrna