Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/16 12:49:10 UTC

ServletContext

Hi all

I was planning on storing a properties file inside my WEB-INF directory and
then read it using getResourceAsStream from ServletContext, but apparently I
can't access the ServletContext from inside Tapestry.
Is there another way to read the properties file or how to get to my
ServletContext?

--
Cumprimentos,
Rui Pacheco

Re: ServletContext

Posted by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com>.
You are, I just didnt know I could do it that way. I'm going to look at
HiveMind's documentation for examples.

--
Cumprimentos,
Rui Pacheco

Re: ServletContext

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Well, there lot's of different ways you can achieve this. I would suggest
you use commons-configuration(
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/), it's really simple to use
and very robust. You can find examples on the web site.

Hope this helps.

Re: ServletContext

Posted by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com>.

--
Cumprimentos,
Rui Pacheco

Re: ServletContext

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.

Re: ServletContext

Posted by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com>.
I dont doubt HiveMind would be the right way to go, but the learning curve
seems to be a bit too steep for my timeframe.
Can I insist on an example using ServletContextListener, ie, something that
being all in Java would be more in my reach?

On the other hand, if someone has configured a connection pool (any or
Proxool in particular) using HiveMind and is willing to share the example, I

--
Cumprimentos,
Rui Pacheco

Re: ServletContext

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.

Re: ServletContext

Posted by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com>.
Ok...
The properties file holds configuration data for Proxool, the connection
pool I'm using with my application.

On 5/16/06, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> First of all, what does that properties file contain?  You know, HiveMind
> is
> a configuration microkernel, so you can do a lot of configuration with
> HiveMind.

Cumprimentos,
Rui Pacheco

RE: ServletContext