Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by prachi agrawal <ag...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/23 11:31:08 UTC

how to upgrade hadoop

how can we upgrade hadoop without any exception also describe upgrade
procedure concept
i tried to upgrade but got lots of exceptions
like:
inconsistance state exception,
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: FSNamesystem
initialization failed.
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode:
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.InconsistentFSStateException

Re: how to upgrade hadoop

Posted by rahul patodi <pa...@gmail.com>.
I have upgraded hadoop from 0.18.X to 0.19.X then to 0.20.X successfully
please follow this link:

http://hadoop-tutorial.blogspot.com/2010/11/upgrade-hadoop.html

If you get any error please leave a comment

-Thanks and Regards,
Rahul Patodi
Associate Software Engineer,
Impetus Infotech (India) Private Limited,
www.impetus.com
Mob:09907074413

how to upgrade hadoop