Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Artem Schitow <ar...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/09 20:46:56 UTC

Hi guys /Artem Schitow/

Hi guys!

I would like to join the development of Apache Ignite. I’m Artem Schitow, Russia. I did work with Ignite as a “user” at my previous job at e-commerce firm, and I’m interested in becoming more involved with the community as I find the project useful and unique in its own way.

I would be grateful for some introductory guidelines and Jira access (username: artem.schitow) and it would be just good if my experience would prove useful to the community in some way. :)

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Hi guys /Artem Schitow/

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Artem,

Welcome to the Ignite community! I’ve added you to the contributors list in JIRA.

A piece of other relevant information that might be useful to you.

Please subscribe to both dev and user lists:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#mail-lists

Get familiar with Ignite development process described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Development+Process

Instructions on how to contribute can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

Project setup in Intellij IDEAL
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Project+Setup

Once you got familiar and were able to run a few examples, you should pick
a Jira ticket you would like to start on. Send an email to the dev list, so
we can add you as a contributor in Jira.

You can find interesting tickets to get started here:
https://ignite.apache.org/community/contribute.html#pick-ticket

Looking forward to your contributions!

Regards,
Denis