Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2012/12/06 22:21:07 UTC

Re: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice"

Am 11/26/2012 09:21 AM, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
> On 26.11.2012 04:32, joes@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: joes
>> Date: Mon Nov 26 03:32:20 2012
>> New Revision: 1413471

>> Log:
>> mv ooo to top-level
>>
>> Added:
>> openoffice/
>> - copied from r1413470, incubator/ooo/
>
> So our locations in the SVN repository were moved as discussed last
> week. Thank you, Joe!
>
> Here are the instructions to switch your checkouts to the new location:
>
> In case you are using SVN natively please change into the directory
> where your checked out AOO and run
> svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk
> there. If you are not working on trunk you have to replace "trunk" by
> the branches/bname (with bname being the branch name you are interested
> in), of course.
>
> In case you are using git-svn please change into the directory of your
> git-svn clone, open the file
> .git/config
> and find the section named
> [svn-remote "svn"]
> in there. In the "url=" line of that section please change the
> "incubator/ooo" part of the URL to "openoffice".

I've a problem to switch to the new repo.

The checked-out code is here:

<local_path>/asf-ooo/ooo-site/trunk

When executing:

svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk

then it's working some minutes. But when opening the following file to
check it:

/share/daten/svn/asf-ooo/ooo-site/trunk/.svn/entries

then I've still the old reference with:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk

So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Marcus

Re: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice"

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 12/11/2012 12:40 AM, schrieb Daniel Shahaf:
> Marcus (OOo) wrote on Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 22:56:31 +0100:
>> Strange, all my "entries" files are still pointing to the incubator URL.
>>
>> @Herbert:
>> Do you have another idea? Or do I have to really checkout all stuff
>> again? Not a big thing but I would like to avoid this. ;-)
>
> The 21st line after a formfeed will contain the incubator URL in new
> working copies too.  Don't worry about implementation details please ---
> if 'svn info' and 'svnversion' give the right output, you're fine.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Marcus

Re: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice"

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 12/07/2012 12:10 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Marcus (OOo)<ma...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

>>> So our locations in the SVN repository were moved as discussed last
>>> week. Thank you, Joe!
>>>
>>> Here are the instructions to switch your checkouts to the new location:
>>>
>>> In case you are using SVN natively please change into the directory
>>> where your checked out AOO and run
>>> svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk
>>> there. If you are not working on trunk you have to replace "trunk" by
>>> the branches/bname (with bname being the branch name you are interested
>>> in), of course.
>>>
>>> In case you are using git-svn please change into the directory of your
>>> git-svn clone, open the file
>>> .git/config
>>> and find the section named
>>> [svn-remote "svn"]
>>> in there. In the "url=" line of that section please change the
>>> "incubator/ooo" part of the URL to "openoffice".
>>

>> I've a problem to switch to the new repo.
>>
>> The checked-out code is here:
>>
>> <local_path>/asf-ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>>
>> When executing:
>>
>> svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk
>>
>> then it's working some minutes. But when opening the following file to check
>> it:
>>
>> /share/daten/svn/asf-ooo/ooo-site/trunk/.svn/entries
>>
>> then I've still the old reference with:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>>
>> So, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>
> Marcus ---
>
> When I did this, I noted problems with my "entries" file as well. What
> I discovered it that the .svn/entries for "content" and the other
> sub-areas were OK, but not the top-level, trunk.
>
> You might check this as well. Since I never check IN the entire trunk,
> I don't think this will matter --we're mostly in "content".
>
> I have no other further information than this.
>
> Let us know what you find out. I thought maybe it was something I did wrong.

Strange, all my "entries" files are still pointing to the incubator URL.

@Herbert:
Do you have another idea? Or do I have to really checkout all stuff
again? Not a big thing but I would like to avoid this. ;-)

Thanks

Marcus

Re: Our SVN moved from "incubator/ooo" to "openoffice"

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 11/26/2012 09:21 AM, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
>
>> On 26.11.2012 04:32, joes@apache.org wrote:
>>>
>>> Author: joes
>>> Date: Mon Nov 26 03:32:20 2012
>>> New Revision: 1413471

>>> Log:
>>> mv ooo to top-level
>>>
>>> Added:
>>> openoffice/
>>> - copied from r1413470, incubator/ooo/
>>

>> So our locations in the SVN repository were moved as discussed last
>> week. Thank you, Joe!
>>
>> Here are the instructions to switch your checkouts to the new location:
>>
>> In case you are using SVN natively please change into the directory
>> where your checked out AOO and run
>> svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk
>> there. If you are not working on trunk you have to replace "trunk" by
>> the branches/bname (with bname being the branch name you are interested
>> in), of course.
>>
>> In case you are using git-svn please change into the directory of your
>> git-svn clone, open the file
>> .git/config
>> and find the section named
>> [svn-remote "svn"]
>> in there. In the "url=" line of that section please change the
>> "incubator/ooo" part of the URL to "openoffice".
>

> I've a problem to switch to the new repo.
>
> The checked-out code is here:
>
> <local_path>/asf-ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>
> When executing:
>
> svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk
>
> then it's working some minutes. But when opening the following file to check
> it:
>
> /share/daten/svn/asf-ooo/ooo-site/trunk/.svn/entries
>
> then I've still the old reference with:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk
>
> So, what am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Marcus ---

When I did this, I noted problems with my "entries" file as well. What
I discovered it that the .svn/entries for "content" and the other
sub-areas were OK, but not the top-level, trunk.

You might check this as well. Since I never check IN the entire trunk,
I don't think this will matter --we're mostly in "content".

I have no other further information than this.

Let us know what you find out. I thought maybe it was something I did wrong.

> Marcus

MzK

“How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world
 she wants, rather than to create it herself?”

     -- Anais Nin