Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Daniel Gandara <da...@neosur.com> on 2006/03/08 21:26:59 UTC

Re: ITC's Contribution

>> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> i.e. have you tried running it with the original code (EDU.oswego.cs.dl)
>> from Doug's website or only the concurrent utils in 5.0 (JSR166)?
>>
> Daniel Gandara wrote:
> we have only tried with the concurrent utils in 5.0, but we will try with
> Doug's and see how it behaves, I'll let you know.

As promised, we've checked EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package (
http://g.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.html)
and while it works beautifully, it seems to not be compliant with the specs
for
java.util.concurrent (e.g. it is missing some pieces, such as
ThreadPoolExecutor,
etc). Therefore, I am hesitant of adapting our harmony-compliant package to
it,
as it may not be acceptable by Harmony once we are done. What do you think?

As stated above, we've checked with JSR166
(http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/concurrency-interest/index.html )
and we are ok with it, since it complies with the spec. However, I am not
sure
we can use this as part of Harmony, can we?

Daniel