Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org> on 2010/06/30 15:29:23 UTC

Re: New module for the ACI parser needed : some more problems...

  So I created this new module. So far, so good. Trunk is building.

Now, I'm facing some more problems :
- in order to make the ACIItem schema aware, I have to inject the
schemaManager into many data structures (the ACI parser and ACI checker,
some protectedItems, etc)
- the tests need to access a schemaManager
- that leads to create some dependency between ldap-aci and
ldap-schema-manager and ldap-schema-loader
- the problem is that now, the ldap-schema-loader tests are failing
because this module does not depend on ldap-aci, thus can't load the
ACIItemSyntaxChecker...--

maybe we should have all the schema related tests moved to a specific
module instead of having all the tests in each module ? Or at least,
having global tests put into a global module : we already have a
shared-all module, we may need a shared-test-all module too...

Thoughts ?

Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: New module for the ACI parser needed : some more problems...

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
>  So I created this new module. So far, so good. Trunk is building.
>
> Now, I'm facing some more problems :
> - in order to make the ACIItem schema aware, I have to inject the
> schemaManager into many data structures (the ACI parser and ACI checker,
> some protectedItems, etc)
> - the tests need to access a schemaManager
> - that leads to create some dependency between ldap-aci and
> ldap-schema-manager and ldap-schema-loader
> - the problem is that now, the ldap-schema-loader tests are failing because
> this module does not depend on ldap-aci, thus can't load the
> ACIItemSyntaxChecker...--
damn, another cycle..

> maybe we should have all the schema related tests moved to a specific module
> instead of having all the tests in each module ? Or at least, having global
> tests put into a global module : we already have a shared-all module, we may
> need a shared-test-all module too...
+1
IMHO shared-test-all is a bit vague, how about shared-schema-test or
shared-integ-test

Kiran Ayyagari