Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> on 2018/08/22 17:34:37 UTC

RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO rule removal breaks lint

Giovanni:

The removal of RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO has broken the build (for me at least):

 	Checking anything
ok 1
1..2
HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
ok 1
not ok 2
#   Failed test at t/basic_meta.t line 93.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 2.

Are you still working on cleaning up the side-effects of that change?

   USMC Rules of Gunfighting #4: If your shooting stance is good,
   you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
  2 days until the 1939th anniversary of the destruction of Pompeii

Re: RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO rule removal breaks lint

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 22 Aug 2018, John Hardin wrote:

> Giovanni:
>
> The removal of RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO has broken the build (for me at least):
>
> 	Checking anything
> ok 1
> 1..2
> HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
> HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
> HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
> HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
> ok 1
> not ok 2
> #   Failed test at t/basic_meta.t line 93.
> # Looks like you failed 1 test of 2.
>

> Are you still working on cleaning up the side-effects of that change?

Whoops. My recompile script apparently doesn't properly clean up
72_active.cf - never mind, local problem. Sorry for the noise.

   There is no better measure of the unthinking contempt of the
   environmentalist movement for civilization than their call to
   turn off the lights and sit in the dark.            -- Sultan Knish

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 22 Aug 2018, at 13:34, John Hardin wrote:

> Giovanni:
>
> The removal of RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO has broken the build (for me at
> least):
>
> 	Checking anything
> ok 1
> 1..2
> HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
> HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
> HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
> HELO_MISC_IP depends on RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO which is nonexistent
> ok 1
> not ok 2
> #   Failed test at t/basic_meta.t line 93.
> # Looks like you failed 1 test of 2.
>

> Are you still working on cleaning up the side-effects of that change?

If you rebuild the rules from a clean base, it will work. Relevant
commits made this morning.

In trunk:

rm rules/*
svn update
make build_rules

And if you're working in the 3.4 branch, you should splice in rules,
rulesrc, and rules-extra from trunk via symlinks or separate checkouts
from trunk.