Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aliaksei Lahachou <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/28 14:51:37 UTC

release:branch creates branch only from HEAD?

Hello everyone!

release:prepare/perform creates release only from HEAD revision and I can
understand that - it has to commit release POMs before it creates a tag,
because the tag may not be modified.

If I want to perform a release from a specific revision, I have to create a
branch first. And I thought that release:branch can help me here - it could
create a branch then update POM in the new branch. But it seems that it has
just the same logic as release:prepare - it attempts to commit release POMs
before branching.

Is there any prescribed sequence for making a release from a revision, or
is this scenario not supported?

Regards,
htfv (Aliaksei Lahachou)

Re: release:branch creates branch only from HEAD?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
You're not the first people to complain about this. I believe I filed
a JIRA. Let me see if I can stir up action.