Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Prashant Sarode <ps...@brience.com> on 2001/02/08 03:24:49 UTC

Namespace not supported by SAXParser

Problem Statement---Convert foo.xml using foo.xsl using a Java
Servlet---Trying my first Hallo world Xalan Java2.0 code

I am using a JavaServlet in which I am doing three simple steps as follows:

public class FrontComponent extends HttpServlet {

response)
    throws FileNotFoundException,IOException, ServletException
    {
	String msgText;

		response.setContentType("text/html");
		PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
		out.println("<html>");
		out.println("<body>");
		out.println("<head>");
		out.println("<title>Front Component</title>");
		out.println("</head>");
		out.println("<body>");
		out.println("<H1>");
		out.println("Xalang Performance Through Tomcat----");
		out.println("</H1>");
		out.println("<HR SIZE=1/>");

	try{

		//Step1
		TransformerFactory tFactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();

		//Step2
		Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource("file:///C:/birds.xsl"));

		//Step3
		transformer.transform(new StreamSource("birds.xml"), new
StreamResult(new FileOutputStream("birds.out")));
		msgText="Transformation Done Successfully";

	}catch(Exception e){

		msgText="Error Occured while Transformation :----- " +
e.getMessage();

	}
		//Print the  Msg Text
		out.println(msgText);
		out.println("</body>");
		out.println("</html>");
    }
}

WHen I do this I get a the Error message mentioned in the subject line. I
looked a very complicated sample servlet using xalan transformation. That
example uses some really very complicated way of getting xmlSOurce and
xslSource.

Any kind of help or direction would be apprecited:
-I tried using relative path.
-I tried using HTTP URL
-I tried using the same stuff in a standalone app with xsl and xml in same
dir. ANd it works fine.

Prashant Sarode

RE: Namespace not supported by SAXParser

Posted by chris markiewicz <cm...@commnav.com>.
i had a similar problem...it's something in your servlet engine's
classpath...you have to make sure that your xerces and xalan jars appear
before jaxp.jar, parser.jar, and xt.jar.  that's the theory anyway.  i moved
to some other stuff before i got a chance to try it out.  that's why it
works with your standalone app...if you put those jars in the classpath of
your standalone, you'll get the same problem.

chris