Posted to user@ode.apache.org by dawg <zo...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/13 18:59:39 UTC

Strange selectionFailure in assign activity

Hi,

I have this simple BPEL process attached. It's really simple! when I invoke
it using SoapUI I'm getting this selectionFailure on the assign activity.

I attach the BPEL and the WSDL files and the corresponding tomcat log.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p26340705/HelloWSDL.wsdl HelloWSDL.wsdl
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26340705/HelloBPELProcess.bpel
HelloBPELProcess.bpel
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26340705/log.rtf log.rtf

This is the SOAP input:

xmlns:hel="http://j2ee.netbeans.org/wsdl/HelloWSDL">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <hel:HelloWSDLOperation>
         <name>joe</name>
      </hel:HelloWSDLOperation>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Thanks,
Dawg

Re: Strange selectionFailure in assign activity

Posted by Greg Lucas <gr...@gmail.com>.
Sorry - ignore what I said, I wasn't looking at the right WSDLs. :-)

  <from variable="input" part="name"/>
  <to>$SayHelloIn.parameters/name</to>

The to-spec here specifies a 'name' element that has not been initialized
yet, i.e. you are assigning text content to an element that doesn't exist.
You could initialize it by copying from a literal first.

~Greg

--
Greg Lucas

Re: Strange selectionFailure in assign activity

Posted by dawg <zo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

Posted by Greg Lucas <gr...@gmail.com>.
Your to/from seem wrong. Try

--
Greg Lucas

Re: Strange selectionFailure in assign activity

Posted by Greg Lucas <gr...@gmail.com>.
I haven't tried this, but see: http://ode.apache.org/flexible-assigns.html

Just be aware that relying on implicit initialization makes your BPEL
process less portable, since it is not defined by the spec.

~Greg

--
Greg Lucas

Re: Strange selectionFailure in assign activity

Posted by dawg <zo...@gmail.com>.
Finally!!!!

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Re: Re: Strange selectionFailure in assign activity

Posted by dawg <zo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wenfeng,

I'm sorry for the bother, but still nothing seems to help.

I changed per your instructions below, and still it fails in Assign1.

This is the schema as I changed it:

<xs:element name="sayHello">
        <xs:complexType>
            <xs:sequence>
                <xs:element name="name" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0">
                </xs:element>
            </xs:sequence>
        </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>
    <xs:element name="sayHelloResponse">
        <xs:complexType>
            <xs:sequence>
                <xs:element name="return" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0">
                </xs:element>
            </xs:sequence>
        </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>

and here's assign4, with added namespace prefix although I suspect this is
not what you meant.

<assign name="Assign4">
            <copy>
                <from>
                    <literal>
                        <svc1:sayHello
xmlns:svc1="http://j2ee.netbeans.org/wsdl/HelloService">
                            <svc1:name/>
                        </svc1:sayHello>
                    </literal>
                </from>
                <to>$SayHelloIn.parameters</to>
            </copy>
        </assign>

Still the failure is in Assign 1 that tries to take the input and copy to
name.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Dawg

Posted by dawg <zo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks ZHAO,

So I need to explicitly initialize the variables I'm using except those used
in receive, but what is the format for initialization. Everything I try
failed - tried to initialized with an empty string literal, tried what you
suggested below (although I don't understand what it's doing and seems to

Posted by dawg <zo...@gmail.com>.
Hi ZHAO, thanks for your help.