Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raymond Blum <RA...@paidtech.com> on 2004/04/07 03:59:06 UTC

Tomcat 5 admin application "403"

Hi
   I've installed Tomcat 5.0.19 on MacOSX 10.3 and all is well EXCEPT...
(of course)
When I try to get to the admin application, the login page comes up
fine. If I enter a username and password NOT defined in
conf/tomcat-users.xml I get an "invalid username..." page (as I should)
BUT when I enter a valid user and password I get a "403" (forbidden)
page with the description
"Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has
been denied) has been forbidden."

I've checked permissions in Unix, Googled like crazy and looked in
catalina.out for any error msgs.  An admin log file is not being
created in logs/

Any help GREATLY appreciated
TIA
---Raymond

Re: Tomcat 5 admin application "403"

Posted by Raymond Blum <RA...@paidtech.com>.
D-UH!

Thanks!  I had been using the "tomcat" role.