Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ali Sadik Kumlali <as...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/07 11:04:51 UTC

[Axis2] Security sample throws "Cannot find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding" exception

Dear all,

I got several exceptions when trying out security sample found in ...\samples\security. There is a consice README.txt file under the folder. By following the instructions in the README.txt, I ran the ant script and got my first exceptions related with the missing libraries: xmlsec-1.3.0.jar, wss4j-SNAPSHOT.jar, commons-discovery-0.2.jar. I could manage to collect them all and put under ...\axis2\lib. But finally I got error listed below.

I tried both JDK 1.4 and 1.5. I'm using Windows 2000, Tomcat 5.5

Should the sample work without any extra work related with security such as generating keys and configuring Tomcat 5.5?

Any help appreciated.

Ali Sadik Kumlali

------------------------------------
C:\axis2\samples\security>ant securitySample
Buildfile: build.xml

securitySample:
     [java] - Deploying module : addressing
     [java] - Deploying module : security
     [java] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSHandler: Encryption: error during mess
age processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: An unsupported signatu
re or encryption algorithm was used; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException: Canno
t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
     [java] Original Exception was java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Canno
t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: Encryptio
n: error during message processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: An
 unsupported signature or encryption algorithm was used; nested exception is:
     [java]     org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException: Canno
t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
     [java] Original Exception was java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Canno
t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.security.WSDoAllSender.invoke(WSDoAllSender.
java:261)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:376)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:351
)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:441)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(Ou
tInAxisOperation.java:317)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute
(OutInAxisOperation.java:267)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClie
nt.java:393)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClie
nt.java:326)
     [java]     at sample.security.Client.main(Client.java:59)
     [java] Caused by: org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: En
cryption: error during message processingorg.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityExcept
ion: An unsupported signature or encryption algorithm was used; nested exception
 is:
     [java]     org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException: Canno
t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
     [java] Original Exception was java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Canno
t find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding
     [java]     at org.apache.ws.security.action.EncryptionAction.execute(Encryp
tionAction.java:64)
     [java]     at org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.doSenderAction(WSHan
dler.java:186)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.security.WSDoAllSender.invoke(WSDoAllSender.
java:172)
     [java]     ... 8 more
------------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Re: [Axis2] Security sample throws "Cannot find any provider supporting AES/CBC/ISO10126Padding" exception

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ali,

I just checked the security sample in the std-dist created using the
svn head the ... we have to do a quite a few changes to it to get it
working (updating the client's axis.xml file, adding the missing jars,
etc)... I will make sure this will be fixed and will be made available
for the next (0.95) release in a few days.

Thanks,
Ruchith

Posted by Ali Sadik Kumlali <as...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ruchith,