Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2016/02/08 17:00:25 UTC

Reviews

I submitted a review for Flume 2875 a week ago. I have updated it a few times since then, the last being on Feb 5. No  one has apparently looked at the Review.  As you might know, I am not a fan of RTC for the exact reason that it slows everything down with no assurance of any value being added.

The policy on the wiki says nothing about review requests that are ignored.  I would propose that if a review gets no feedback within 72 hours then the committer is free to commit their change.  FWIW, I plan to do exactly that tonight or tomorrow as time permits.

Ralph

Re: Reviews

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
OK. Thanks.

Once that has been added I’d like to either have Pushkar rework his patch for FLUME-2856 or else I will look at doing it.

Ralph

Re: Reviews

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Ralph,

wrote:

> I submitted a review for Flume 2875 a week ago. I have updated it a few
> times since then, the last being on Feb 5. No  one has apparently looked at
> the Review.  As you might know, I am not a fan of RTC for the exact reason
> that it slows everything down with no assurance of any value being added.
>
> The policy on the wiki says nothing about review requests that are
> ignored.  I would propose that if a review gets no feedback within 72 hours
> then the committer is free to commit their change.  FWIW, I plan to do
> exactly that tonight or tomorrow as time permits.
>
> Ralph

Hari

Re: Reviews

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
I would support Ralph's suggestion for the policy change. Overall it
should benefit Flume. Perhaps extend the time frame to 5 days (120 hrs)
instead of 72 hours.

-roshan