Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by pe...@goeleven.be on 2006/05/12 15:56:18 UTC

liblog4cxx.so.9: cannot open shared object file

Hi I'm trying to get log4cxx to work on Fedora, I've installed version 0.9.8 but I'm having trouble getting a test application to work. I'm new to Linux so please bear with me.

The test code is just a trivial example and there is no problem with it. I can compile the code using "g++ -o test test.cpp -llog4cxx" or by using qmake (.pro file included below). But when I run the program I get the error: "./test: error while loading shared libraries: liblog4cxx.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

Do I need to specify a path for the shared library or something? I've tried copying the file liblog4cxx.la from the log4cxx/src directory to the test application's directory but I get the same error.

Any help or a link to a tutorial (could't find one) is greatly appreciated.

My Qt .pro file:
TEMPLATE = app
CONFIG -= moc
unix:LIBS += -llog4cxx