Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Maarten Bosteels <ma...@dns.be> on 2006/04/10 10:11:44 UTC

testimonial

Please add this to the testimonials:

domain names on the 7th of april 2006.
More than 700.000 domain names were registered during the first 4 hours.
After one hour MINA had handled more than 0.5 million SSL connections.

We found the speed and stability of MINA to be excellent.
And although we are still using MINA 0.8.1, we found the API very
elegant and easy.

Thanks to the MINA team and everyone involved in the project.

Maarten Bosteels

Re: testimonial

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 4/10/06, Maarten Bosteels <ma...@dns.be> wrote:

> Please add this to the testimonials:

> domain names on the 7th of april 2006.
> More than 700.000 domain names were registered during the first 4 hours.
> After one hour MINA had handled more than 0.5 million SSL connections.
>
> We found the speed and stability of MINA to be excellent.
> And although we are still using MINA 0.8.1, we found the API very
> elegant and easy.
>
> Thanks to the MINA team and everyone involved in the project.

I forgot to say thank you to Maarten, too!  Thank you for using MINA and for
providing great feedback!  Let's keep MINA best!

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Fwd: testimonial

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <ma...@dns.be>.
Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: testimonial

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <ma...@dns.be>.
We didn't use https for the registrations but (something very similar to) EPP

It is basically an XML request/response protocol over SSL.

http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=3734
http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=3730

MINA certainly was not the bottleneck (the database was).

Our web-based whois (http://www.whois.eu) running on Tomcat had more
trouble with the load.
But it probably got more hits as well, I haven't got the numbers right now.

Kind regards,
Maarten

Re: testimonial

Posted by Johannes Zillmann <jz...@media-style.com>.
peter royal schrieb:
> On Apr 11, 2006, at 1:36 PM, Alex Cruise wrote:
>
>> Impressive!  Were you handling the front-end HTTP(S) requests using
>> MINA, or using it behind the web servers for an application-level
>> protocol?
>> If the former, is there any chance you could release your HTTP  code? ;)
>

> There's a MINA-based HTTP server over at http:// asyncweb.safehaus.org/,
> fyi
> -pete

Do you know if it's possible to use asyncweb as a http-proxy ?

regards
Johannes

Re: testimonial

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.