Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/06/01 08:13:17 UTC

Processing Patches

Hi,

I've tried to streamline the processing of patches for MNG by
adjusting the default issue creation screen:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/CreateIssue.jspa

And specifically the checkbox at the bottom which allow someone to
specify whether they are submitting a patch or not:

http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/patches.png

So hopefully folks can check this off which will make it easier for
us to process the patches. I created a simple filter that's shared
called "Maven Patches":

http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/PatchesFilter.png

If you use this filter inside Eclipse using Mylar then actually
reviewing the patches is  a lot easier as it's easy  to apply them
and check the differences. I might write something up on that once I
get it down myself. I've just started trying to use Mylar to process
the patches.

To get the initial list I used the existing filter we had searching
for "patch" and "diff" and flipped the bit on the patch submitted. I
went through them and tried to remove the false positives so what's
left is what should be issues with patches. If you've got any more
could you please bulk change them and flip the patch submitted bit.

I will update the patch submission doco with these screen shots but
hopefully change the issue creation form with the checkbox will help
us identify them. I'm going to try and review the rest of the patches
this week while trying to flesh out the 2.1 arch goal and taxonomy.
It just all needs to be cleaned up before we can proceed in any
meaningful way.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl