Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Don Levey <sp...@the-leveys.us> on 2005/04/01 19:47:20 UTC

[Possibly OT]: User ID running spamass-milter?

I'm *almost* done setting this up (again), and am trying to sprt out the
user ID problem.  I'd previously been running everything as root, and it all
worked.  I'm uncomfortable doing this, though, and so am trying to run
everything as user spamassassin.  I've got spamd running properly, I think,
but for some reason spamass-milter is looking in
~root/.spamassassin/user_prefs instead of the file in its own home
directory:

Apr  1 12:27:13 davinci spamd[22997]: Creating default_prefs
[/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs]
Apr  1 12:27:13 davinci spamd[22997]: Cannot write to
/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs: Permission denied
Apr  1 12:27:13 davinci spamd[22997]: Couldn't create readable default_prefs
for [/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs]

and yet in the /etc/sysconfig/spamass-milter file I've got:

SM_EXTRA_FLAGS="-u spamassassin"

I figure there must be another configuration file somewhere, as I see the
following in ps:

root     23469     1  0 11:47 ?        00:00:00 spamass-milter -p
/var/run/spamass.sock -f -m -r 15

My invocation from sendmail.cf is:
Xclmilter, S=local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock, F=, T=C:1m;S:4m;R:4m

(in sendmail.mc it is:
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter', `S=local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock,
F=, T=C:1m;S:4m;R:4m')dnl)

I was under the impression that the -u flag in SM_EXTRA_FLAGS would be
picked up, but apparently not.  Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks again,
 -Don