Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Foster, Craig" <fo...@amazon.com> on 2017/03/17 05:52:54 UTC

Return of Flink shading problems in 1.2.0

Hi:
A few months ago, I was building Flink and ran into shading issues for flink-dist as described in your docs. We resolved this in BigTop by adding the correct way to build flink-dist in the do-component-build script and everything was fine after that.

Now, I’m running into issues doing the same now in Flink 1.2.0 and I’m trying to figure out what’s changed and how to fix it. Here’s how the flink-dist jar looks with proper shading:

jar -tvf /usr/lib/flink/lib/flink-dist_2.10-1.1.4.jar | grep HttpConnectionParams
2485 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 UTC 1980 org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
3479 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 UTC 1980 org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class

When I build Flink 1.2.0 in BigTop, here’s shading for the jar found in the RPM:

jar -tvf flink-dist_2.10-1.2.0.jar | grep HttpConnectionParams
2392 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1980 org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
2485 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1980 org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
3479 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1980 org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
2868 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1980 org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class

I thought maybe it was some strange thing going on with BigTop, so then I tried just straight building Flink 1.2.0 (outside BigTop) and get the same shading:

jar -tvf flink-dist_2.10-1.2.0.jar | grep HttpConnectionParams
  2485 Fri Mar 17 05:41:16 GMT 2017 org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
  3479 Fri Mar 17 05:41:16 GMT 2017 org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
  2392 Fri Mar 17 05:41:24 GMT 2017 org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
  2868 Fri Mar 17 05:41:24 GMT 2017 org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class

And, yes, this is after going into flink-dist and running mvn clean install again since I am using Maven 3.3.x.

Here’s a snippet from my Maven version:
mvn -version
Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5; 2015-11-10T16:41:47+00:00)
Maven home: /usr/local/apache-maven

Any ideas on what my problem might be here?

Thanks,
Craig

Re: Return of Flink shading problems in 1.2.0

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Here is the JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6125

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Craig,