Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by "Sun, Dapeng" <da...@intel.com> on 2015/10/13 08:00:57 UTC

Sentry Kafka integration

Hi Sentry developers,

Apache Kafka supports pluggable authorization by configure a Kafka Authorizer now(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2210), I want to design and implementation a Sentry Kafka Authorizer, so that Kafka could benefit our powerful Sentry policy engine.

If you have any suggestion or question, please feel free to discuss at this thread.

Regards
Dapeng

RE: Sentry Kafka integration

Posted by "Sun, Dapeng" <da...@intel.com>.
Hi all,

I filed a jira about Kafka integration and uploaded a design document. Please feel free to discuss at jira or google doc, if you have any suggestion or question.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-912

Design:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l8w2SharXALX9e-qyQiAc_o3OYqgxTya_JUoobTelXI

Thanks