Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Screwy <dr...@home.morone.net> on 2001/12/14 05:29:04 UTC

mime.types not behaving properly

Greetings,

I'm running apache 1.3.14 on solaris 2.7(intel) with mod_ssl.
The server is configured with several virtualhosts using NameVirtualHost.
Some of the virtual servers have links to WordPerfect files (using .wpd extention).

If a user is browsing with IExplorer 5.*, clicking on the link will prompt for download, or if he has it configured
to, open the file with the WordPerfect application.

If a user is browsing with Netscape 4.* it will handle it like a text file and try to open it using the browser.

I've tried adding the following to the mime.types file:

application/wordperfect5.1     wpd

and tried setting the following in the httpd.conf:

DefaultType application/octet-stream

But I still have the same problem.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,