Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2005/05/16 17:51:31 UTC

mapping in zipfileset

One thing that the <artifact> stuff throws up is a need to take a
fileset or path (currently only a path, but I've filed a bugrep there:)
) and turn it into war/lib

With <copypath> you can do it via an intermediate directory. Question
is, should we make it easier?

-allow a path as a param for zip/jar/war/ear, with all the zipfileset
options

-allow you to specify a <mapper> for all zipfilesets.

What should we do, and more to the point, how?

Re: mapping in zipfileset

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 16 May 2005, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> With <copypath> you can do it via an intermediate
> directory. Question is, should we make it easier?

Will be easier with ResourceCollections.  Path will be a
ResourceCollection and <copy> can directly work on a path then.  At
least that's been my understanding of it.

> -allow a path as a param for zip/jar/war/ear, with all the
> zipfileset options

Maybe we'll add a ResourceCollection alternative to <zipfileset>?

<mappedresources>
  <resources ... (some data-type implementing ResourceCollection)/>
  <mapper .../>
</mappedresources>

> -allow you to specify a <mapper> for all zipfilesets.

We should make it even more generic IMHO.  Provide it as a data-type
for <tar> or <ftp> as well.

Stefan