Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in> on 2017/03/31 18:26:13 UTC

About Aggregation Group

Hi all,

I have an issue regarding aggregation group of Kylin. I have built cube two
times with two differrent scenarios that are.
In first time I have mentioned the Id's dimensions as Mandatory dimensions,
then the cube built in just 25 mins and size of Htable is also less.(size in
MB)

But, In second time I have built the same cube but with different dimensions
as Mandatory dimensions, then the cube built in 150 mins and the size of
Htable is more(size in GB) comparatively.

I don't understand why it is taking too much time and size with some
different dimensions as Mandatory Dimensions.In second scenario, the
dimensions are the Name field.

Looking for solution, Please help if anyone have faced the same issue.

Thank You,
Rahul Singh

Re: About Aggregation Group

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Different aggregation group setting means different precalculation space.
It is expected that the cube size and build time to be different. Nothing
surprising.

Re: About Aggregation Group

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.
Have you read this article?