Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Mark Knutson <Ma...@us.fortis.com> on 2001/08/24 21:05:42 UTC

Trying to implement a generic java object serializer

I want to implement a generic java object xml-serializer to handle object types not already supported by the current distribution.  I have found some software, JSX, which will serialize most java objects, but I can't figure out how to add it to the Apache Soap implementation.  I have spent quite some time pondering the SOAPMappingRegistry class, but I have not been able to figure out the paradigm there for adding my own logic.

Has anybody else tried to do this, or can someone give me some direction as far as how to add serializers to the java code?  Any help much appreciated.

			Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you

Re: Trying to implement a generic java object serializer

Posted by Richard Boehme <bo...@acm.jhu.edu>.
Apologies if this answer has already been aired, but what about creating
your down serializer/deserializer and having it call the JSX serializer?
You might have a look at org.apahe.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer to
use as a base.

Hope this helps.

Richard Boehme

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Mark Knutson wrote:

> I want to implement a generic java object xml-serializer to handle object types not already supported by the current distribution.  I have found some software, JSX, which will serialize most java objects, but I can't figure out how to add it to the Apache Soap implementation.  I have spent quite some time pondering the SOAPMappingRegistry class, but I have not been able to figure out the paradigm there for adding my own logic.
>
> Has anybody else tried to do this, or can someone give me some direction as far as how to add serializers to the java code?  Any help much appreciated.

> 			Please Note
> The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
> and confidential information intended only for the use of the
> individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
> are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
> E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
> please notify the sender. Thank you

-- Rich

boehme@hops.cs.jhu.edu
Dorm Phone: (410) 516-5974

http://hops.cs.jhu.edu/~boehme/

Re: Trying to implement a generic java object serializer

Posted by Richard Boehme <bo...@acm.jhu.edu>.