Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Sehr, Andrew J" <as...@IUHealth.org> on 2015/09/16 17:28:22 UTC

Flagging Medical Record Number

Hello,

Is there a way to flag the medical record number when running a ctakes job?

Thanks,
Andrew Sehr
Enterprise Architect
Indiana University Health
950 N Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
317-963-0249
asehr@iuhealth.org

RE: Flagging Medical Record Number

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can look at the org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.structured.MetaData class, which has a setPatientID(long) method.
org.apache.ctakes.core.util. SourceMetadataUtil has a getPatientNum(JCas) method.

I don't know of any good examples that use setPatientID(long), but basically:
      final Metadata metadata = new Metadata( jCas );
      metadata.setPatientID( 1000 ) );
      jCas.addFsToIndexes( metadata );

If you want to add metadata for a specific note/visit, there is a little bit more:
      final SourceData sourcedata = new SourceData( jCas );
      sourcedata.setSourceEncounterId( "Visit For Hiccups" );
      metadata.setSourceData( sourcedata );

org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.structured.SourceData has some other useful methods.

Sean