Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrew Lindesay <ap...@lindesay.co.nz> on 2010/05/13 04:42:39 UTC

Additional Methods on DataRowStore

Hello (Andrus?);

It is possible to turn the notifications on and off from the DataRowStore, but it is not possible to externally set the handler from outside the class.  Are you able to add these two methods to STABLE-3.0 and 3.1 so I am able to control that;

    public void setRemoteNotificationsHandler(EventBridge value) {
        remoteNotificationsHandler = value;
    }

    public EventBridge getRemoteNotificationsHandler() {
        return remoteNotificationsHandler;
    }

cheers.

___
Andrew Lindesay
www.silvereye.co.nz

Re: Additional Methods on DataRowStore

Posted by Andrew Lindesay <ap...@lindesay.co.nz>.
Hi Andrus;

Yes; that is possibly a better approach.  I will give it a go.

Thanks.

> Maybe it is easier to go with a custom EventBridgeFactory specified in the Modeler instead?

___

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
No objections in general, but you will need to ensure somehow the
correct lifecycle of an EventBridge within DataRowStore. I.e. if we
are changing the bridge, the old one has to be shut down, then the new
one needs to be started, but only if DataRowStore has not been
shutdown yet.

Maybe it is easier to go with a custom EventBridgeFactory specified in
the Modeler instead?

Andrus