Posted to user@struts.apache.org by SEGUI MUNAR <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/03 08:43:10 UTC

Saving state.

	Hi. I'm developing an application with Struts 1.1, Tomcat 5 and Eclipse. I
explain my problem:

	This situation is: I have 1 jsp (jsp1) that shows information in a grid.
>From this grid I can go to the jsp2, where I can see the details of 1 row of
the previous grid. From jsp2 I can go to jsp3, where I can see aditional
information about the record shown in jsp2. From jsp3 I can go to jsp4 to
see any other information, and so on. My problem is not going forward, my
problem is goin back. ¿How can I retrieve the state of each action form? I
use scope="request". ¿Should I implement an stack to save the differents
actionform's? Is there any example of stack. ¿Should I implement any other
system?

	I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Saving state.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Segui
I would recommend using a Stateful Session Bean
Novell provides a good tutorial on how to create and deploy Stateful Session
Bean at
http://www.novell.com/documentation/extendas/sshelp/Docs/help/books/gsSBQuickStart.html
Entiendes?
-Martin

RE: Saving state.

Posted by Miquel Angel <ma...@sidiem.com>.
I'm goin to explain the situation with more details:

	I have a grid in JSP1. This grid shows information related to customers.
This JSP1 also have 3 textfields which allow the user to filter the
customers to be shown in the grid (name, address and phone number). This
textfields are defined in the ActionForm.
	From JSP1, selecting 1 customer and clicking the button Details, he can go
to a 2nd jsp, JSP2. This JSP2 shows the details of a customer (all the filds
we have in DB. Of course this fields are definied in the ActionForm).
	From JSP2, clicking the button Orders, the application goes to the JSP3.
This JSP3 shows all the orders related to the customer of JSP2.
	From JSP3, selecting 1 order and clicking the button Details, the
application goes to the JSP4. This JSP shows the details of the order.

	Being in JSP4, the user can click the button Cancel, and the application
goes back to JSP3. At that moment I need to know the Id of the Order(*).
	Being in JSP3, the user can click again the button Cancel, and the
application goes back to JPS2. At that moment I need to know de Id of the
customer(*).
	And finally, being in JSP2, , the user can click again the button Cancel,
and the application goes back to JSP1. And here I need to know what
information entered the user to filter all the customers(*).

(*) At this moments, I need to retrieve information that the user entered
sometime in the past. My question is ¿how show I store that information?
¿Shoul I implement an stack? ¿Is there any standard method to do this? Our
initial idea was to save the actionforms in the session, and retrive them
when we need them.

Thanks in advance.

Atentamente, Miquel Angel Seguí Munar
Tel. 647 51 43 41