Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2001/09/13 21:14:04 UTC

mod_webapp/SSL and TC 4.0

Hi to all,

I take a look at mod_webapp and warp java,
and didn't find reference to SSL informations
forwarded from WebServer.

Should it be fixed before release since it
may break the spec ?

I could grab code from mod_jk to support
that, but I'm pretty busy with my day work
and mod_jk fixes for TC 3.3 release.

Maybe Pier, JF or Ryan could grab existing
code from mod_jk and use it in mod_webapp ?

It should works at least for Apache 1.3/2.0.
To follow the Servlet 2.3, take a look at
jk in J-T-C since it also handle the SSL_KEY_SIZE.

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)

Re: mod_webapp/SSL and TC 4.0

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"jean-frederic clere" <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>> "GOMEZ Henri" <hg...@slib.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> I take a look at mod_webapp and warp java,
>>> and didn't find reference to SSL informations
>>> forwarded from WebServer.
>>>
>>> Should it be fixed before release since it
>>> may break the spec ?
>>>
>>> I could grab code from mod_jk to support
>>> that, but I'm pretty busy with my day work
>>> and mod_jk fixes for TC 3.3 release.
>>>
>>> Maybe Pier, JF or Ryan could grab existing
>>> code from mod_jk and use it in mod_webapp ?
>>>
>>> It should works at least for Apache 1.3/2.0.
>>> To follow the Servlet 2.3, take a look at
>>> jk in J-T-C since it also handle the SSL_KEY_SIZE.
>>
>> Yes, will do... Check out # 3510...
>>
>>     Pier
>
> I think there a little more missing:
> - SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAIN_n (n is a number).
> - The user certificate object stored by mod_jk is a String not a
> X509Certificate
> - I have prepared a patch for it -

Patch for WebApp or JK, BTW? I'm starting to get confused :)

    Pier

Re: mod_webapp/SSL and TC 4.0

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"jean-frederic clere" <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>> "GOMEZ Henri" <hg...@slib.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> I take a look at mod_webapp and warp java,
>>> and didn't find reference to SSL informations
>>> forwarded from WebServer.
>>>
>>> Should it be fixed before release since it
>>> may break the spec ?
>>>
>>> I could grab code from mod_jk to support
>>> that, but I'm pretty busy with my day work
>>> and mod_jk fixes for TC 3.3 release.
>>>
>>> Maybe Pier, JF or Ryan could grab existing
>>> code from mod_jk and use it in mod_webapp ?
>>>
>>> It should works at least for Apache 1.3/2.0.
>>> To follow the Servlet 2.3, take a look at
>>> jk in J-T-C since it also handle the SSL_KEY_SIZE.
>>
>> Yes, will do... Check out # 3510...
>>
>>     Pier
>
> I think there a little more missing:
> - SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAIN_n (n is a number).
> - The user certificate object stored by mod_jk is a String not a
> X509Certificate
> - I have prepared a patch for it -

Cool... Where it is? (As you noticed I'm modifying heavily configure.in and
all Makefiles to allow building of NSAPI and 2.0 too_...

    Pier

Re: mod_webapp/SSL and TC 4.0

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> "GOMEZ Henri" <hg...@slib.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I take a look at mod_webapp and warp java,
> > and didn't find reference to SSL informations
> > forwarded from WebServer.
> >
> > Should it be fixed before release since it
> > may break the spec ?
> >
> > I could grab code from mod_jk to support
> > that, but I'm pretty busy with my day work
> > and mod_jk fixes for TC 3.3 release.
> >
> > Maybe Pier, JF or Ryan could grab existing
> > code from mod_jk and use it in mod_webapp ?
> >
> > It should works at least for Apache 1.3/2.0.
> > To follow the Servlet 2.3, take a look at
> > jk in J-T-C since it also handle the SSL_KEY_SIZE.
>
> Yes, will do... Check out # 3510...
>
>     Pier

I think there a little more missing:
- SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAIN_n (n is a number).
- The user certificate object stored by mod_jk is a String not a X509Certificate
- I have prepared a patch for it -

Cheers

Jean-frederic

Re: mod_webapp/SSL and TC 4.0