Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nilesh Kamani <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/24 22:51:35 UTC

How to add extra server to Cloud instance?

Hello All,

I created solr cloud instance and collection on Google cloud (Windows
Instance).
I used below command.

*solr create_collection -c booleansearch -shards 1 -replicationFactor 1*

I would like to add one more server to this cloud to have extra documents
indexed and better performance.
Could you please suggest me the steps I need to perform ?

Thanks,
Nilesh Kamani

Re: How to add extra server to Cloud instance?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Just point the new Solr instance at the same Zookeeper ensemble, it'll
be added automatically.

However, you say: "..add one more server to this cloud to have extra
documents indexed and better performance"

What kind of "performance" are we talking here? If you want to add
another _shard_ because you have too many docs for adequate
performance even under light load, you'll have to either define a new
collection or use the SPLITSHARD command.

If you have adequate performance under light load but want to serve
more queries, then just ADDREPLICA.

Best,
Erick